17 October 2011

Blogging my way to a healthy lifestyle

I know I have been away for a while but now I'm back and I'm going to at least try to do one post a week until I feel as though I can commit to doing more.  I figure one way to commit to this whole blogging thing is to blog about something that I'm really interested in myself.

As my close friends know I have been really struggling with trying to loose weight for the past year and a half now.  I can say that when I started this weight loss journey I was a whopping 310 pounds.  I knew it was time for a change when I was lying in bed one night on my back and was having difficulty breathing.  I only found comfort by either pressing the fat down in my chest area with my hand or by either sleeping on my stomach or side.  This was definitely not good. 

So I decided to join Weight Watchers (WW).  At the time Weight Watchers had a free 3 month trial.  The only think I had to pay for was registration.  So I said "What the heck.  I have nothing to lose, but weight."  Those 3 months I was on Weight Watchers I was very excited.  I excited about learning how the system worked.  I was even excited about grocery shopping and that is one of my least favorite activities.  During this time.  I was working out very little.  I would get on average 3 twenty-minute workouts in a week...maybe.  At the end of my free 3 month trial I had lost 30 pounds.  Woo-whoo!

Needless to say I did not renew my subscription with WW because I really was not in position to to afford the extra expense.  Therefore, its been a constant yo-yo every since.  So today I mange to bounce between 280 and 290 pounds.  At my lightest I weighed 278 but I was not there very long before I gradually started back picking up weight.

Just recently I discovered I really do have a passion for learning more about living a healthy lifestyle.  However, I think I've just been too lazy to actually implement some of the simple changes.  I am working a better a job and making more money now days so I've decided to join WW again and see what happens.  This time I think it will be an awesome idea to blog my way through the process simply because I've come across some awesome blogs that have been such and inspiration to me.

So those of you who come across my blog if you have any tips I've very open to suggestions and would love to have you along beside me as I become a healthier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment